England’s Meghan MacLaren fired a second successive 65 to take a two shot lead into the final round of the Jordan Mixed Open presented by Ayla – as men and women compete against each other for the same prize for the first time.
The 23-year-old Ladies European Tour player is two ahead of Dutchman Daan Huizing on a 36-hole total of 14-under-par at Ayla Golf Club.
The event includes pros from the Ladies European Tour, over 50s Staysure Tour and European Challenge Tour.
MacLaren was one behind overnight and started her second round four back after Huizing set the clubhouse target at 12-under.
She said: “I’m pretty delighted. I don’t have 65s too often so to have two in a row, is pretty special.
“It was a bit of a mixture. I felt more in control and like I hit more shots close to the pin today. I also probably had a couple more par saves, that I wasn’t having yesterday. It was tricky with the wind out there and it was definitely windier, which made pace control trickier as well. I had a couple of return putts longer than I would have liked but it was nice to do it in a couple of different ways.”
More to follow…